[Bornagain-announcements] New release of BornAgain: version 1.16

Gennady Pospelov g.pospelov at fz-juelich.de
Fri Aug 2 11:59:36 CEST 2019

We are glad to announce BornAgain 1.16.0
<https://www.bornagainproject.org/download/> release.

This release mostly extends the reflectometry support. One of the main
features available from now is access to SLD/refractive index profile
across sample layers, support for uncertainties in experimental data
fitting and more resolution effects.

*Example highlights*

  * Material SLD profile
    <https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/tutorial-examples/reflectometry/material-profile/>
  * Material SLD profile with particles
    <https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/tutorial-examples/reflectometry/material-profile-with-particles/>
  * Reflectometry fit with uncertanties
    <https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/tutorial-examples/fitting/extended/fit-with-uncertainties/>
  * Beam divergence in reflectometry scan
    <https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/tutorial-examples/reflectometry/beam-full-divergence/>
  * Resolution effects in TOF reflectometry
    <https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/tutorial-examples/reflectometry/tofr-with-resolution/>
  * Angular divergence in reflectometry scan
    <https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/tutorial-examples/reflectometry/beam-angular-divergence/>

*API changes:*

  * Python: major changes in SpecularSimulation interface. Please
    consult web-documentation for details.

*Other changes:*

  * Support for arbitrary resolutions in reflectometry
  * Importing reflectometry data as Qz-Intensity by default
  * Numerous bug fixes
  * Project back compatibility is broken

More details on our issue tracker
<http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de/redmine/versions/48>.

As always, we very much welcome your comments and feedback!