[Bornagain-announcements] New release of BornAgain: version 1.13

Gennady Pospelov g.pospelov at fz-juelich.de
Fri Oct 5 16:26:37 CEST 2018

We are glad to announce BornAgain 1.13.0 release.
<https://www.bornagainproject.org/download>

This release was focused on stabilizing the software, thus it contains
numerous bug fixes. Two major features available from now are
third-party compatible minimization interface and GUI-side fitting of
reflectometry data.

*This release has the following highlights:*

  * New fitting interface compatible with third-party python minimizers
  * Fitting reflectometry data in GUI
  * Averaged layer materials enabled for all computations

*API changes:*

  * Python: Switch from FitSuite to FitObjective (FitSuite is deprecated
    now)
  * GUI: project compatibility with previous versions is broken.

*Other changes:*

  * Futher expansion of 3D View
  * Numerous bugfixes

More details on our issue tracker
<http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de/redmine/versions/45>.

As always, we very much welcome your comments and feedback!